Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard the shift feel is better. shorter throws maybe? the one in my csxt feels and looks like a boat oar. tranny is an 89 a555 but has stock 88 shifter with was hooked to the 520. any suggestions comments? ive heard the difference is night and day but want some more opinions.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you trade me an a568 for my 555 and ill know the difference. :thumb: 555's are a dime a dozen around here. 568 ive never seen. i can get the shifter from the car i got motor and tranny from. would have grabbed it first time but it didnt dawn on me to grab it.

91DSX said:
The 89' is shorter from what I've seen and can be cut down quite easily. However the A-568 is A LOT smoother.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've got an '89 Daytona 'short' shifter in my CSX-T. It looks better imo because it is straight not bent back like stock. I suppose it shortens the throw up a little. I know the 523 and 568 are not only stronger but shift smoother. I will get one of them when I have the money and time to install it. I say to get the Daytona shifter if you can find one. I got mine at the junkyard. Its a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the 89 daytona shelby i got my motor and tranny from... well not me my buddie originally got it and i bought it all from him. anyways the car i still there. not much left but i know the shifter and cables are there. ill go grab them monday when the junkyard opens. i got a part promised to another board member anyways monday so ill grab it and install it and see how it all goes. im just so tired of shifting something that feels like a boat oar lol.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The difference is very noticable, at least to me. When I get to drive my brother's '89 'Baron (base model & N/A) like I am today, it really feels much better than my '86 XT - granted that perhaps some of the slop and looseness in the '86 is due to age and wear, but it is really night and day!

TT

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any way to make it shorter? mine looks like a boatoar. i want the shorter throw but want it to look better 2.......

Tony T said:
The difference is very noticable, at least to me. When I get to drive my brother's '89 'Baron (base model & N/A) like I am today, it really feels much better than my '86 XT - granted that perhaps some of the slop and looseness in the '86 is due to age and wear, but it is really night and day!

TT

·
Registered
953 Posts
i,v had both in my daytona the o/e shifter was ok but i had to install a 86 shifter cause thats all i could find at that time / when i got a set of cables for the 88 it was like night and day /but i,ve got the 89 shifter in the van now it looks beter and has a bend to it i will have to get back on the feel after this week end when the VAN DRIVES AGAIN> :woot: als

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool man get back to me and tell me the details. i am gonna attempt this when everything else is outta the way.

als said:
i,v had both in my daytona the o/e shifter was ok but i had to install a 86 shifter cause thats all i could find at that time / when i got a set of cables for the 88 it was like night and day /but i,ve got the 89 shifter in the van now it looks beter and has a bend to it i will have to get back on the feel after this week end when the VAN DRIVES AGAIN> :woot: als

·
Registered
953 Posts
just had the van out tonight / the bent shifter seems to have a shorter throw, but no speed shifting yet, only have 1 back up car and the wife ask me to not break things for a while. :bash: like 5 years lol i wound go that way after driveing both the daytona/ with the staight one and van with bent one. ALS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts