Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, got a question. I bent the trans pan on ruts in alley. So, I'm losing fluid. Tapped it straight a little so it's not running out but it is still leaking. I picked up a lot of fluid but I'm wondering temporarily is there anything else I can do til I get it fixed. Would Lucas help since it's so thick, or bad idea. Have to drive car 6 to 8 hours at work, so I really have to watch. That's all I can do til next week when I take it in. Any suggestions are appreciated. :eek:mg:

·
Administrator
10,150 Posts
Hello!

Did the pan break, or did you merely bend it enough to create a wrinkle in the sealing edges by the bolts?

If you or a neighbor can get under the car, you can pull the pan off, check it on a bench, and if need be flatten out whats bent. If its cracked the only real solution besides replacing it would be to have it welded, or jb weld in a pinch till it can be fixed proper.

You want to check this as soon as possible, as there is a filter that sits fairly close to the bottom of the pan, if it got bent up, it could potentially cause fluid flow issues in your transmission, or cause debris to get sucked into the pump body, etc.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's not broken. In the inside (back) of pan where the 2 bolts are the edge is bent or wrinkled. I took it to my trans guy and he tried to straighten it out with a hammer and chisel like thing. It was running out. He did best he could temporarily. He's the only trans shop i would go to around here. He told me to just keep checking and watch fluid until it's fixed. I guess he's gonna put a new pan on. The pan itself is not bent just scraped up a little. I think if he thought there was a problem with filter he would have said so. Do you think it would be a bad idea to use some Lucas, since it is so thick?

·
Administrator
10,150 Posts
I would avoid lucas, and just stick to atf 4. Only use "atf" designated fluid, not dextron or mercon. Atf is mopar spec, dodges dont like anything else other than dodge fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts