Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys my tax return is here so i need to "boost the economy" and spend it lol. I have an 89 daytona es 2.5 turbo stock turbo not intercooled (yet) what im looking for is the best computer to upgrade. I called chris and he told me go for the super 60 injectors, and computer. is this whats best? any insight would be great. thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Get an intercooler first
Agreed. The 2.5 TI's are really easy to intercool. You can get a TII air box if you wanted to go that route. That and a factory intercooler/radiator from a TII Daytona/LeBaron is a direct bolt in. The hardest part there is getting a decent TII radiator.
Otherwise, there's lots of aftermarket intercoolers out there where you can keep your radiator. This would give you the most bang for the buck.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
If the car is most stock I think a regular MP comp would work well....a 2.5L T1 comp...or u can run the 2.2L TII comp with +20 injectors to make up for difference in fuel....

...but id first find yourself an intercooler, and upgrade the turbo as well!!! a garret turbo from any stock TII car, or convert a log style T1 garret turbo....or find yourself a S60 turbo!

You would also be on the lookout for a 2.5" swingvalve, or at least an 88 2.25" one to match up to your downpipe.

There are many bolt ons you can do to make power b4 you start messin with the computer...ported exhaust manifold...52mm throttle body port match on intake....etc....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts