Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Best Sounding Muffler for 2.2L Rampage?

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Sundance 6g72 
#1 · (Edited)
Out of personal opinion, what do you think sounds the best on a 2.2l Rampage? Glass packs? Difference for lengths of mufflers? Thanks

#2 ·
no muffler? my NA 3.0 is a LITTLE to loud straight piped but i would think a 2.2 turbo would be just fine with no muffler.

my buddys 2.4 NA neon ran headers to a resonator to a flowmaster (2.5inch pipe?) and sounded amazing when he got on it. no cat.

#4 ·
the longer larger diameter mufflers have a lower tone than the smaller shorter mufflers. I run the Dynomax 23.5" long 3" muffler on a few cars and trucks. The SS mesh wrapped Magnaflow also has a nice deep tone.

#5 ·
i just bought the magnaflow 3inch straight through oval muffler.

it is a straight through design but has some fiber stuff in the sides to soak in sound

ill let you know how it sounds (should be installed and welded tues. evening.)

3inch from the manifold back.. but it will be on my v6.

#7 ·
watch out with that muffler, they use bent fin design and the thing might neck down to 1" inside. The Dynomax muffler looks like a glasspack but the internal tube is as big as the rest of the plumbing.:dancing:

#9 ·
Subscribed......I am running a 2.5" downpipe from a turbo car to a gutted cat and that is where I have stopped......I am still trying to make a decision.

I looked into the surface area of the stock exhaust and found that a 30"+ glass pack type muffler that is 4" thick should be about right for stock.

Mine will be exiting out the side, just for looks and in case I air-bag the trucklet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.