·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what i have planned after i get it running in good shape
new plugs and wires also distributor
a new exhaust system from turbo back
TII turbo upgrade and intercooler

well these are things i can do my self it may be a little more than a grand but i have the money right now and i want this car to go for along time i dont want alot of power but something that is more exciting to drive and i will be posting pics of every thing that i do i should be starting in a few weeks with the basics of getting this thing in good shape it needs all new coolant and power steering hoses and a new oil pressure sensor

if i can i really need some music the stock radio only works about 10% of the time

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
The "D.I.Y." Manual Boost Control
One of those too.

Go 3". You won't regret it. Even going 3" after the last turn in the down pipe back is enough to notice a difference over a full 2.5" system. I used a baffled muffler for a nice quiet sound, and a cut out for making noise.

I would get the TII turbo, and an ebay IC and IC kit. Shift your radiator over to the side and you an run the pipes pretty easy.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,905 Posts
^not the best way to spend a grand? Why go megasquirt on a system that has a stock cal, and has no real point to needing the extra tuning and hassle of a megasquirt.
On a fully modded car which needs constant tuning then eyes I could understand megasquirt. But not on this one. He can spend his money on something better, benficial, and more necessary.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
super 60 turbo, fmic, plus exhaust. Then when you get more money a 3bar cal and piston replacement money. :p

·
Registered
768 Posts
^not the best way to spend a grand? Why go megasquirt on a system that has a stock cal, and has no real point to needing the extra tuning and hassle of a megasquirt.
On a fully modded car which needs constant tuning then eyes I could understand megasquirt. But not on this one. He can spend his money on something better, benficial, and more necessary.
idk, i thought there was someone on here that had minimal mods and was able to gain very noticable performance with mega squirt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i need everything that im gonna upgrade replaced anyways i need a new turbo and exhaust so why not add a inter cooler yea could i fit a ic in w/o takin out my ac or will the 32in. ic fit down there
is there somewhere i can get a mandral bent exhaust for this car or should i just buy the pipes and weld them to gather and make all the brackets and shit

·
Registered
451 Posts
he said

"i want this car to go for along time i dont want alot of power but something that is more exciting to drive"

he can keep his stock turbo, replace exhaust, and run a megasquirt to maximize both fuel economy and performance. Megasquirt is pretty cheap and not extremely difficult to use. I know someone who puts ms on every vehicle he owns: jet-ski, pick-up, both his and his wife's car, and his boat.

Im not saying it is for everyone, but it is a great foundation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am new to turbododge so what can a Mega squirt do to my 89 van /truck? Ive installed the manuel boost valve, that made a BIG differance <7to 15 pounds, added a Sabb intercooler and sawed 800 lbs off her!!! She is Quike but runs out of gas on the top end. Speedo goes to 85mph. Plans are bigger pump, Afr ,20# injector have 5an6th on intake pipe but I don,t think my old pump can handle any more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts