Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it goes without saying i suppose.....

you get what you pay for

but in the case of the ebay ~$50 + s/h "type rs bov's" you get CRAP that cannot be used

every aspect of it was unbelievable LOW QUALITY CRAP

did not work, tested with vacuum gauge, leaked like crazy

said "f-it" and dropped $190 for a real greddy type RS bov...

and now:

BWAAA FWSSHHH BWAAAAAAAA FWSHHH

· Banned
3,531 Posts
BS, ebay bovs are junk, any knock off is. i have seen a ssqv knockoff and it had plastic internals and wouldnt hold a few psi.

if you want a bov but dont want to pay alot get a 1g talon or the $60 one on fwdperformance or on ebay, at least on that one they dont try to copy somebody elses product.

· Registered
239 Posts
Its not a knock off, its a clone.

I compared a real RFL that a friend paid $150 for to my $25 eBay RFL. Its the EXACT SAME PART, lol.

The the tops interchanged, the pistons were the same, the only difference was thew spring. I had to use washers (which are included with the real RFL too) to get it to hold 20 psi, but it did, and it didnt leak.

When we reassebled the two, we had a hard time figuring out what parts went to which bov, hahaha.

I can imagine the metals used are probably inferior, but its a mechanical part, its not that hard to replicate.

· Banned
3,531 Posts
clone is a pretty word for knock off, a product is patented and then somebody else copies it with cheaper parts for a cheaper price, its as simple as that.

the ssqv "clone" that i had was built no where near what a real $250 hks is.

the real rfl doesnt need washers until after 20psi.

· Banned
3,531 Posts
well i was able to hold 18psi with a real rfl on a r/t with only one washer and proper adjusting, so you shouldnt need washerS untill after that. your saying that it took 3 washers to go from 14psi to 16psi, how many more would it take to hold 26psi then?

something wasnt right in his setup, bad o-ring, thin "clone" washers or something. jackson runs rfls on all his rides too, maybe he'll chime in.

· Registered
13,677 Posts
Now I know for a fact thats not true.

The RFL in question was on a GTI and wouldn't hold 14psi without a leak. It was about fully open by 16psi.

It took 3 of the washers before it would hold.
87 CSX
TII
14psi
RFL
0 washers
0 leaks

;)your buddy probably has a knock off also:p

· Registered
239 Posts
No, we bought it at Summit, I was there, lol.

I liked mine, not saying I didn't. I like my REAL Supersound the best, it has the coolest sound of any i've ever heard.

I probably wouldn't buy an eBay blow off that has a diaphragm. As long as its a spring only blow off, I wouldn't see too much of a problem.

· Registered
239 Posts
well i was able to hold 18psi with a real rfl on a r/t with only one washer and proper adjusting, so you shouldnt need washerS untill after that. your saying that it took 3 washers to go from 14psi to 16psi, how many more would it take to hold 26psi then?

something wasnt right in his setup, bad o-ring, thin "clone" washers or something. jackson runs rfls on all his rides too, maybe he'll chime in.
I think to go to 26 you would be on a stiffer spring before you added that many washer, right? :confused:

· Registered
432 Posts
a fake of an original product, also known as a generic
Or, a name-brand product that didn't quite hit the QC limit for the actual brand name to be slapped on it. In other words, it wouldn't pass as a "quality brand x part", so they mark it with another brand and sell it to a discount chain, or at a discount with a shorter warranty.

· Banned
3,531 Posts
I think to go to 26 you would be on a stiffer spring before you added that many washer, right? :confused:
no, they dont come with extra springs, just the washers. turboxs claims to hold 25psi with the supplied washers, all though reliable sources have claimed 26psi with no leaks on supplied spring and washers.

we can keep going back and forth, but i have real experience with real rfls, ssqv and greddy type s valves, with 18psi or more on all of them, so i am very familiar with the different characteristics of them, i have been in the turbo dodge game since 2000.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.