Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's an 89 Daytona Shelby. I blew the head gasket, so I decided since the head is off I might as well put a new turbo on it :thumb:

It has:
Stage 5 cal from fwdperformance.
Port matched intake mani, head, and exhaust mani.
52pph injectors
Massive turbo
Head studs

Soon to have:
E-85 tune
Bigger injectors
Ported Intake from fwdp w/ 52mm tb
255 fuel pump

The only part I'm stuck on the running an external waste gate with the stock exhaust mani. :confused:

I hope you guys enjoy

Here are some pics. :thumb:

New turbo on the left, stock Garrett on the right.

The two next to each other.

Bolted to the head ready for a test fit.

Test fit in the car. Fits nicely.

It clears the starter, firewall, and the Intake manifold.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Sorry none of you links to the pics work.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed it. pics should show now

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it from a guy off of craigslist. The a/r on the compressor housing is .70. It's gonna be interesting

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
200. It's brand new

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
EBay turbos fail usually in 1000 miles or so. So it might be a fun 1000 miles till it blows. Again I wouldnt suggest it. I blew one to pieces and had a piece of the wheel get stuck in my throttle body... Think about pieces of turbo going into your motor. Woohoo

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a t3 flange. I found the web site for the turbo and they sell for $500 there. I know it's not a Garrett or a turbonetics, but I'm on a budjet and it's brand new so why not take up the offer

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Is your car 2.2 or 2.5? Did the turbo come with any swingvalve? I have one of these on my Daytona, I had a hell of a time making a SV work.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a vband clamp like what's on the turbos on ford powerstrokes.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a 2.2

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If what you guys are saying about this turbo being "cheap" then I will upgrade to a holset or a garrett gt30r when this turbo grenades itself. But untill then, Ima boost the living day lights out if this turbo.

·
Registered
435 Posts
you never know, definitly put an oil restrictor in the oil feed lines to the turbo, and maybe one of those micron filters for the oil going to the turbo and you might get tens of thousands of miles out of her. Synthetic oils a must also :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I've run a ristrictor on my cheap ebay turbo for 2 years and have had no problems with it. I definitely agree, get the restrictor. I think the excessive oil pressure plays a part in making these turbos fail

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So you guys are saying too much oil can be bad? And I'm running 10w30 synthetic.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
turbot11, what kind of boost numbers are you running? whats ur a/f at wot usually?
At ant set boost pressure you want a/f numbers around 11.4 to 11.8

1 - 20 of 64 Posts