Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting the biggest oil filter that I can find on my LeBaron GTS, and wanted to share my findings in hopes that it might help some of you guys out who are looking for what I was. COST IS ABOUT $10

Either the Wix 51773 or the Napa 1773 Oil Filter

Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 6.982
Outer Diameter Top: 3.663
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Burst Pressure-PSI: 290
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 32"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
that is the longer version of a PH8A or PH43 size filter. I run it on my trucks. It fits on mini vans, that's it though unless you have a custom rad setup in a car. Holds about a quart more than the stock filter to keep oil temps a bit lower though.

·
Super Moderator
11,857 Posts
single remote mount on side of ft motor mount (hint ) - could be mounted vertically and no more oil spill on hoses & wireing or dribbles down front of motor and pan when removed

if you made a bracket you might get a double filter kit in

* the only filter mount that actually filters oil twice comes from hamburger's -as far as I have found but it's $140-60

the $40-50 ones dont filter twice

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
a big single remote mounted with a oil cooler adapter is about all a 2.2 needs though short of adding an accumulator.

·
Super Moderator
11,857 Posts
ya , I was thinkin 2 of the stock size back when I was finding spots it would fit

could go under battery tray to , but I wasn't so much into the long hoses to do it - seemed like I'd be finding extra work for oil pump to do

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
IMO a *quality* filter in the PH8A size is MORE THAN big enough for any 2.2/2.5 !

I use the PH43 size usually ...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the crappy FRAM one, put I just put the picture here just so you can see the SIZE of what the WIX and NAPA one will be

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts