Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question here

on fwdperformance.com are the KYB Gas-Adjust Rear Shocks and the Bilstein Front Struts priced for each or the pair??
and also would a need to do any modifications to them so they could fit? such as get new springs or make brackets?

ive tride asking this to the company but no answer yet and i would like to have them shipped the same time as my other stuff

thank you :thumb:

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
They are priced individually. The GAJ shocks and Bilstein struts are bolt-in replacements. You shouldn't need new springs or have to modify anything.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much stiffer are the bilstiens compared to stock? or even monroe struts??

thank you for your help so far

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
They really are not to much stiffer, they just work better.
The ones Cindy sells are for everyday driving, nothing
like Koni's, but good daily driver struts.

Johnny

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I'm not sure about the Bilstein struts. I asked many months ago and got no real response so I decided to go with KYBs. I've 'heard' that KYB GR2s are supposedly 15% stiffer than stock, but they seem like OEM replacments to me really. I'm actually thinking about buying new struts again because the KYB GR2 struts do not go together well with the Eibach ProKit springs my car also has. If I knew Bilsteins could handle the higher Eibach spring rates, I would buy them. I'll probably go with the Konis though.....I mean, who isn't satisfied with Konis???

·
Registered
623 Posts
In my experience , the Bilsteins perform marginally better , and the GR2s last a little longer .

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems like the gas-ajust shocks and the bilstiens are what im looking for..so anyone got any:D

also my suspension sounds like old rubbing rubber/kinda like springs all around. My question is, how would i know if its my springs or struts or shocks that are making the noise?..i dont want to end up getting stiff/hard springs that could distroy the new struts if i dont need to.

also when swapping in the new stuff would i need to swap out the covers and spring rubbers?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im guessing there is really no way to see if the covers and spring rubbers are bad unless i take it apart?

would the KYB front spirng rubbers and covers that fwdperformance.com work with the bilstiens?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts