Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1990 Dodge Shelby Daytona with VNT turbo.
This car has always been a rust free original California car.
VNT Turbocharged and intercooled 2.2 engine with 5 speed manual transmission.
Car is showing 51k miles which appears to be original and matches the title. I have an Autocheck printout that verifies the car's miles and history.
Black with light gray leather interior.
Well optioned, fairly original and un-molested.
Never driven in snow. Very clean.
Car has a very nice rust and damage free body with only a few small dings.
Original black car that has had a Maaco Paint job because it was faded in the west coast sun. The front seats are also deteriorated by the sun.
The paint is very decent for a driver but not perfect.
I bought this car for my son to drive and had it shipped from California here to Ohio.
Unfortunately my son brought it home last week with a bottom end noise :(
The car stills starts and runs very smoothly, we are thinking it's a broken wrist pin.
The previous owner just had a new head installed and a brand new VNT turbo with stainless steel oil lines. He took very good care of the car. The car ran and drove excellent, the AC even worked.
It has aftermarket wheels and sunroof.

The price is firm at $1800. Finding a low mile, rust free 1990 VNT Shelby Daytona with 5 speed that hasn't been modded or hacked up is getting very hard to do anymore.
This car got excellent gas mileage.
I currently have the car stored inside.
I don't have the time to work on the car right now which is why I'm listing it.
I'm not desperate to sell the car, if I don't sell it I will eventually find a new shortblock or rebuild the current engine.

The car is located in N.E. Ohio. 44646
It will will start and drive on a trailer.

Thanks for the ad :thumb:
[email protected]

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the nice comments guys.:thumb:
I really like the car and if I had a little more free time and not soo many projects to work on I would be getting it running and driving myself.
The car has tons of potential.
For those who have already E-mailed, I'll get some more pictures posted soon.

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More pictures.

To the person who E-mailed saying he had cash in hand please send your phone number again, my wifegod accidently deleted your E-mail.

Attachments

· Registered
193 Posts
... if I had a little more free time and not soo many projects to work on I would be getting it running and driving myself.
I know the feeling, I have one on jack stands (been there for a few months waiting on special parts), one with a few coats of paint on it and no interior in it, and the rest have a bug or two that needs addressed. Cool that you have two plum e-bodies!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know the feeling, I have one on jack stands (been there for a few months waiting on special parts), one with a few coats of paint on it and no interior in it, and the rest have a bug or two that needs addressed. Cool that you have two plum e-bodies!
Thanks.
The plum crazy Challengers are both 1971 R/T's both running 440 sixpack engines.
One is my wife's, (automatic car), one is mine, ( speed car)
I also have a street/strip 1973 Challenger running a big block with Hemi 4 speed.
I've been buying and collecting classic and musclecars for close to 30 years now I have way too many to count and not enough time to work on them all:bang head

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it a sunroof car? And, how bad are thefront seats? Any tears? Is it running good ebough to make a 2 hour drive?
The car has an aftermarket sunroof.

The front seats are sunbaked, cracked, and torn.. they will definitely need recovered or replaced.

The car will definitely NOT make a 2 hour drive.
It has MAJOR bottom end noise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.