Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats better? a bleed or a MBC? i have a turboXS dual stage MBC. im wondering whats best...

A. barb on turbo - dual stage - wastegate
B. barb on turbo - restrictor - bleed - wastegate

either way, doing away with the factory solenoid is ok right? just leave the plug hooked up to it?

· Registered
1,407 Posts
i usually just go from the turbo to the wastegate with the mbc in between, some people go from the intake to the wastegate with the mbc in between. you dont need a bleed or restrictors
The only problem with grabbing the feed off the turbo is that it will pressurize the intake first and then the pressure has to work its way back through the piping to the start of the turbo before the wastegate opens. My friend did this on his grand am and was having boost control issues until he moved it to the intake.

I have mine coming from the vacuum manifold to mbc to wastegate.

· Registered
367 Posts
The only problem with grabbing the feed off the turbo is that it will pressurize the intake first and then the pressure has to work its way back through the piping to the start of the turbo before the wastegate opens. My friend did this on his grand am and was having boost control issues until he moved it to the intake.

I have mine coming from the vacuum manifold to mbc to wastegate.
That would be my thoughts. Where are you trying to control the boost level, at the turbo or in the manifold (not there should be much difference).

· Registered
2,028 Posts
what kind of boost control issues? boost spike?

· Registered
6 Posts
whats better? a bleed or a MBC? i have a turboXS dual stage MBC. im wondering whats best...

A. barb on turbo - dual stage - wastegate
B. barb on turbo - restrictor - bleed - wastegate

either way, doing away with the factory solenoid is ok right? just leave the plug hooked up to it?
MBC is much more superior. You can use it without any further doubts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i took my dual stage apart the other day to clean it before i think about hooking it back up. figured out why i had overboost problems before.. it came loose in the center between the 2 sides. so i sealed it up and made it tight. but when i took it apart, i realized how it works (never really knew b4) its just a bleed. under the turn knob, there are 2 holes that bleed the boost out. so why do people say its better than just a bleed? isnt it just the same thing? just costs more and has a name on it?

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
G-valves are great! I have 2 of them on my cars and its easy to turn up and down boost and is a pretty cheap (25$ from FWDp) and super easy mod

· Premium Member
10,119 Posts
well a true bleed, bleeds the map. Thats bad and leans the engine. Under bad knock the computer can pull back boost and lower it, has saved my engines a few times. With a G valve or any other MBC the computer can't save you from detonation.

How about a nice real computer with a 2 stage boost setting? My TU computer goes from 15 to 20 PSI on a switch. No fear.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
i remember seeing something on how to make one.. does anyone have a link? are they reliable too? or should i just buy one already made?
get the valve from McMastercarr or Grainger its like $10, then add barbs to each end and you need a small orifice on the line that goes between the valve and the WGA(this is so the WG doesn't stay open due to the pressure traped in the line when the valve closed)

Grainger Industrial Supply: Valve,Relief,1/4 In 5Z763

· Registered
727 Posts
i remember seeing something on how to make one.. does anyone have a link? are they reliable too? or should i just buy one already made?
If you can find one for less than 10.00, then I would just buy. Going to a few hardware stores looking for the proper fittings and then putting all together.... All to save a buck? Like I said, $$8.00 WITH a 1 year warranty and it came to me = ftw :thumb:

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just got the stage 3 cal from FWD.. so im trying to work with it but im having some problems with it so i want to throw a g-valve on it. untill i get one, im gonna hook up the dual stage. i know you're supposed to install it close to the turbo, but will it be bad if i put it in the car on the dash somewhere? just for ease till i can get the g-valve. so i dont spend all weekend trying to get it set right i can just turn it as i drive. how do i find out more about the TU cal?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.