Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope that all of you in the North East are safely in your homes. We are experiencing a tremendous blizzard and I have 2 foot drifts and it is only 1:30 and it is supposed to snow into the early morning hours. 8*

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spdracr said:
Sorry to hear that Reese. I have clue to how you feel though. We're starting to dig ourselves out today. :(
Heard that the Govenor of Maryland closed your highways. Our airport has closed and people are now stranded until at least Wednesday. Snowing coming down 2 inches an hour and thankfully I have plenty of beer in the fridge :)

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
REESE said:
Hope that all of you in the North East are safely in your homes. We are experiencing a tremendous blizzard and I have 2 foot drifts and it is only 1:30 and it is supposed to snow into the early morning hours. 8*

Having the same problem here in Springfield. Suppose to go to work at 7 pm (we're in 12 hrs shifts) this evening, but the way its coming down, sick day coming on ;)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
REESE said:

Heard that the Govenor of Maryland closed your highways. Our airport has closed and people are now stranded until at least Wednesday. Snowing coming down 2 inches an hour and thankfully I have plenty of beer in the fridge :)
Woohoo!! I just found out schools AND OFFICES (that's me) are closed tomorrow too!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
49 inches in western Maryland’s Garrett County 8*
27 in West Virginia’s Berkeley County
The Seven Springs ski resort area near Champion in western Pennsylvania recorded 40 inches.
Philadelphia had 17 inches with a forecast of 18 to 25.
18 to 22 inches expected in New York City
22 inches in New Jersey

Blizzard warnings remain posted for New York City and environs this afternoon as the big Presidents' Day storm continues to hammer the region with heavy snow and high winds. Blizzard warnings are up for NYC and Long Island, southern Connecticut, parts of southeastern NY and parts of northern New Jersey. The storm already has dropped up to two feet of snow from the northern suburbs of Washington, D. C., to New York City. (Over three feet of snow were measured in the mountains of western Maryland and adjacent areas of West Virginia and Pennsylvania!) By early afternoon, 18.5 inches had piled up in Central Park making this the greatest February snowstorm on record there.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/stormwatch/stormdetails.html

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
My next door neighbor just came and plowed my driveway, he gets a BIG thankyou. We have at least 15 inches on the ground and it's still coming down hard. It's great to have nice neighbors. :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
It sure is a helluva storm out there. Cozying up at home all day and loving it. Could use some of your beer though, Reese. Take your time getting into work in the AM. Can't imagine the roads will be all that clear for quite some time. 8*

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
We got ours on Valentine's Day. Sucked.

I'm leaving this Friday for Tucson. No suck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm glad my Cruiser is sleeping in my garage. Just had a new hood put on and painted,also had the pillars done. Picked it up on friday,just in time.Body shop almost wanted to keep it till monday .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Now *THATS* Ugly! 8o

Thankfully our freezing rain turned to mostly sleet. Most of the roads are slick as they can be, but the power lines and trees didn't take the hit they ( and we ) did in December!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts