·
Premium Member
810 Posts
nice find! :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL i didnt find it but i figured id make it a sticky as it has come up a few times in the past

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,454 Posts
Just saw this, nice! I looked at my block. casting number is 4343834-2 with a date of 1-8-88 and nothing on it seems to match any other engine at least on the crank snout. It has a 5 bolt crank sprocket with a square tooth belt and the bolt circle is the same as the 1989 up, but the pilot on the sprocket is larger. It was removed from a 1987 LeBaron 4 door sedan and was obviously a replacement engine, originally the block was a gray-green color and it has brass freeze plugs in it. Crank is the forged T2 one and the rod numbers come up as 2.5L turbo rods. When I got it I opened everything up, refreshed it and used ARP rod bolts, main and head studs. Definitely a strong engine.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Just saw this, nice! I looked at my block. casting number is 4343834-2 with a date of 1-8-88 and nothing on it seems to match any other engine at least on the crank snout. It has a 5 bolt crank sprocket with a square tooth belt and the bolt circle is the same as the 1989 up, but the pilot on the sprocket is larger. It was removed from a 1987 LeBaron 4 door sedan and was obviously a replacement engine, originally the block was a gray-green color and it has brass freeze plugs in it. Crank is the forged T2 one and the rod numbers come up as 2.5L turbo rods. When I got it I opened everything up, refreshed it and used ARP rod bolts, main and head studs. Definitely a strong engine.
1988 was an odd year. Sort of a transition year before the CB's arrived. Your block is an early block. Really the only odd thing about your engine is the one year only crank sprocket along with the required matching pulley. The 1988 2.5 Tall Deck is also another odd one. That uses a unique sprocket and pulley too. Here is a couple pics of the crank sprockets.

Attachments

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,454 Posts
Yes, that's it, I didn't realize until I had some CB parts and looked at the pulleys and found the snout difference. Just another one of many strange things Chrysler did in those years.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
also this needs to be added:

4536274 16 valve TC block 1989-90 4343130 cast on part
4421838 16 valve 1991-93 T3 block 4621031 cast on part

1 - 13 of 13 Posts