Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 86 omni glh that im converting into a t2 i was looking though my chiltons book and noticed my ac compressor is mounted like a 87 in a saddle like bracket not like it shows for a 86 so i got the block id # its gd222736 but the numbers seem usless cant find a refrence the only reason i care is to find out about my internals any help would greatly be appreciated

· Premium Member
9,142 Posts
block date code is at rear of engine down by oil rail partially underneath the intermediate shaft bracket

the block ID you gave looks like the VIN stamp not the casting number (which is also on the backside IIRC) - is the GLH VIN end with those 6 digits ? if so thats the original motor

not that the casting # would help much since that didnt change over the years ..

the casting date will be a clue as to what internals SHOULD BE in the block - but really on a 25 yr old car its impossible to know if thats the original block or ?? has it been rebuilt ? with what parts ??

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes thanks for the info it does match the vin in the window thanks i ran out of day light to check casting # thank bunchs ill keep ya posted but beinig it matchs its safe to say its a 86????

· Registered
255 Posts
sweet. I never knew this. I just checked my on my CSX-VNT # 68 and it matches. For a while now I have thought the block casting number was supposed to match my vin and I thought the engine had been replaced. Nope. . . It's original :)

Jake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.