#1 ·
Hey guys need some help:

My Ride: 1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby VNT
motor and turbo (T2) is from an 89 Daytona Shelby T2
Mostly stock except the following:
3inch side exit exhaust
PT lifters
RFL bov, cone filter
manual boost controller (set on stock boost level)
home made catch can
other little things

The issue: Blue smoke comes from exhaust and behind intake under deceleration only when warmed up

What I have done
Tested compression with the following results: From left to right: 108 115 100 110
Visual inspection for leaks (No drips)
No play in turbo shaft
No oil in intercooler hoses

Any suggestions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure I understand the "behind intake" statement unless there is an exhaust leak.
Blue smoke is oil.
Burning oil can also be attributed to Valve Seals/Valve Guides/Oil Rings/PCV System.
Normally smoke under decel is an indication of a valve seal/valve guide issue due to the increased engine vacuum during decel, however, you can not rule out other possibilities.
There is no way to actually test oil rings or valve seals, you can test for overall ring wear or valve guide issues by performing a Cylinder Leakdown Test.

You already stated there is no oil in the turbo or charge hoses.
1)Is the PCV system operating properly?
a)The system is not restricted, hose collapsed, has a breather and access the fresh air etc.
Text Line art Font Paper Document

2)With the engine running and the oil cap removed is there any blowby which would indicate a PCV or Ring issue.
3)Are any of the spark plugs showing any signs of Oil or Ash fouling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.