·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
New to Mopar..

Hey, just some questions on an engine swap from a 1990 Omni FI to an older turbo motor. Now how easy/hard would this be? I know i would run into some problems with wiring, computer/module, and others, but how bad do you think? Could i just take the turbo stuff off the swap motor and put it on my 90 2.2? Or is it more involved that i think? I have a chance to buy a turbo motor that came out of an Omni, owner claims it runs. I know my motor runs so i'd rather used it than the iffy one. Im not trying to have the fastes car on the planet and go dragging, just want some boost, it would be my first endevor with a turbo, i figure this would be a good place to start. All input welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Re: New to Mopar..

Hey, just some questions on an engine swap from a 1990 Omni FI to an older turbo motor. Now how easy/hard would this be? I know i would run into some problems with wiring, computer/module, and others, but how bad do you think? Could i just take the turbo stuff off the swap motor and put it on my 90 2.2? Or is it more involved that i think? I have a chance to buy a turbo motor that came out of an Omni, owner claims it runs. I know my motor runs so i'd rather used it than the iffy one. Im not trying to have the fastes car on the planet and go dragging, just want some boost, it would be my first endevor with a turbo, i figure this would be a good place to start. All input welcome. Thanks
Wrong sections to start with, however I found a similar thread in the "general" section.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f15/166955-92-n-87-ti.html#post1281368

1 - 4 of 4 Posts