Turbo Dodge Forums banner
2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  AZTurbo 
#1 ·
Ok i have a 1989 lebaron t2 supposedly swaped to 2.5 but not 100% sure. i have no mbc and am boosting 8 psi. the wastegate is hooked up straight to the vacuum block. Why would this happen? i hooked it up factory and it just goes into overboost shutdown and hits like 30 psi the same as if i had the line disconected. It should be able to handle higher psi so im not really worried. it has an extra injector. Thanks, Kyle.

#7 ·
The thing is, with no mbc why would it only hit 8, it's vacuum line is hooked straight up to the vacuum block. How would I tell what cal it has? I had it hooked up stock but it reacted as if it had no vacuum line on it... Could it have the dodge garage setup where you have to adjust wastegate arm for boost? It has the dodge garage method of adding an extra injector to ic hose... Edit: it has spiked to ten before, very rarely though. And it has an autometer boost gauge.

#8 ·
with no MBC and a straight line you get 8psi, which is normal. That tells you that the actuator is working.

When you 'hooked it up factory' it may not be done correctly. Or a line is plugged, or the solenoid is plugged/rusty/stuck.

If your actuator works (we pretty much know it does), and the lines are new, then the solenoid is bad or hooked up wrong. Check those two things and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.