Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm trying to boost leak test my front mount intercooler. I bought a custom 2.25 inch tester to fit over my TE04H. But when I put shop air in all the air is coming out of my EGR. I applied vaccum to the EGR (which isn't holding vaccum, don't know if that's normal or not) and the boost leak at the EGR stops leaking and I still get no psi at my 20psi gauge at the turbo. Is it impossible to build pressure at the turbo air inlet?

Also I'm currently running 8psi of boost steady with a MBC (because computer boost won't go above 2 psi)

1991 dodge shadow T1 with FMIC

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
you get precompressor PSI from running compound turbos like a diesel, in your case no.

Plug the EGR, you don't need it working just for inspections. It just isn't cold enough in CA to need it.

sounds like your bleed type solenoid system for boost is plugged, not letting the boost raise. Also if your running the larger FMIC you need to lose the mitsu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.