·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice story on a Supercharged Mopar. Not a 2.2 but Mopar and boost :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
I love A body mopars!!! and a hemi too!!! where is Santa when i need him!!!LOL sad about the guy though.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love A body mopars!!! and a hemi too!!! where is Santa when i need him!!!LOL sad about the guy though.
The world these days does more than enough to keep people from smoking. If people want to jump in front of a bus or jump off a building there is no one stopping them selves but them selves. Hard truth. Seams like a good guy, but he killed him self. In my line of work I've had 3 working for me die of a heart attack from drinking. The guy that taught me how to build a drag race 727 died of lung cancer too, was still smoking on kemo. This guy built 8 second 80s Chargers with 440s and 383s with factory iron heads. I've tried for years to get a hold of his last L body machine without luck.

found out my blower engine heads are trash, not a happy camper. But I am doing a 340 not a 426 Hemi lol, 600 HP is plenty for the cruizer :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
That was an epic story, this is one reason i love cars, hearing the stories of peoples lives and the growth of their dreams that are personified in their cars and work. Epic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice story and It's Got an awesome new owner with bottomless pockets holding a super loaded wallet.....I've alway loved Barrarcudas/ Darts/Dusters/Demons...They're light and fast and If you squeeze a 440 into any of them you'll be crazy fast....My dad owned a 68 Dodge Dart GTS in which he shoehorned a blueprinted 440 into, with Mopar purple camshafts, Holley 850 dbl-pumper, and 4 spd M/t and this car was scary fast for a 8-11 yr old kid and I wish I could find that car this day.....My dad broke down and left it on the highway in Springfield, Mass...It was British Racing Green w/a white interior....My dad never took a picture of the car and I wish he did.....It's some hurtful sh!t man!

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
back then all iron they were too nose heavy. Today you can build a big block 383 Dart with aluminum heads, water pump and housing, intake and oil pump to shread weight down for a great BB Dart, also the headers today being under chassis rules too vs fender well. With deep pockets add the tube K member and aluminum block and take another 250-280 lbs off the nose.

A car like this one is barely drivable, most would die in it pretty fast. Unlike a turbo car that is forgiving this is a snap instant 1000 HP on off switch. Extreme throttle control to slowly push on the gas as you go down the track. If you did it just right and main tained planting the tires harder and hard you might get WOT at 3/4 track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts