Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not 100% on if im right or not but i have read in 2 different places on 2 different answers to my questions

Q.1 Does my 1989 Plymouth sundance 2.5 l turbo t1 have a factory bov

Q.2 Where would it be located at if it does have one

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yep BOV is right in the airbox, a hose runs right underneath it, and holds it in place with a clamp and clip.

Chrysler put them in the airbox to silence them, so people didn't complain lol, and it recycles a little fresh air.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well....interesting he went to go out and look for it and its not there........ the hose is there going to the air box...but no bov ????? know where we can find one? lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have one i can send your way,if you dont want to go with a after market one,

ok cool how much you want for it and i didnt know you could put a after market one on t1 cars i have looked it up but never found a thread about this

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just used a $40 Bosch unit that sounds great and holds boost well. I put it on the lower IC hose which meant fabricating my own adapter and hose assembly. I didn't want to use cheapo eBay stuff, so I made my tubing out of PVC and flexible radiator hose to keep everything looking as close to stock as possible. JB Weld was used to seal everything up and so far, everything holds great at 14 psi.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just used a $40 Bosch unit that sounds great and holds boost well. I put it on the lower IC hose which meant fabricating my own adapter and hose assembly. I didn't want to use cheapo eBay stuff, so I made my tubing out of PVC and flexible radiator hose to keep everything looking as close to stock as possible. JB Weld was used to seal everything up and so far, everything holds great at 14 psi.
that would be nice but ours is a non IC :/ so that wouldnt work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright we will have to look all this up. we are still new to turbo vehicles in general that's why the question started lol....we have been having all sorts of problems with this car....we should be hitting 9# boost and only getting 4-5# all the vacuum lines need reran due to the past owner, obviously i need this bov that was here and is now gone, on top of all of this my power steering went out in the past 42 hours and this is my dd so any advise on getting the car back to stock is where we wanna start....may sound silly to spend all the money to take it to stock then start upgrading it but its better than starting over....as is the guy before me ran 1/4 inlet rubber gas lines thru it to a 255 walbro fuel pump with a summit racing fuel filter, sounds like he wanted to do something with the car and we have a mess now....

·
Registered
12 Posts
ill charge shipping which i can check tomarrow :D
hey this may sound silly but could you post a pic of the one you have.....all i can find is blueprint layout of what is might look like and we were digging around today and found something that may be it but it looks kinda funny....its tucked under a bunch of thingsso a pic would be awesome and might save us some time :D

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i checked its all there thanks guys...as soon as we run new vac lines and a few others we will be upgrading soon....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts