Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my car stuck the BOV to a piece of PVC with JB Cold Weld Putty. Is there a stock looking alternative to this mess? like something the BOV will bolt onto.

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
I've seen the flange held onto a piece of pipe with Jb weld if you don't have access to a welder. Done right and with some care taken it can look as good as welded.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I used PVC IC pipe before w/o issues, using the stock bov(which attachet with a hose) I took the metal out of a factory hose and glued it into the pvc

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
Then the JB weld wasn't done right. If done right you could sand it down and paint everthing and have it look all one piece. It's not the JB weld that looks like sh!t, it's the person that applied it that did a sh!tty job applying it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the guy who had the car before me didnt really care as much as looks go but as long as it worked he was happy. Which is sad. Maybe I will just try sanding his mess down to make it look mediocre.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
So he glued the BOV right to the pipe? What kind of BOV?

I only have a flux core mig at my house, and I can't MIG for beans, let alone flux core (in my defense I make tig welds that you'll drool over). When I screw them up, I cover the thing in JB weld to seal up the leaks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
55mm HKS BOV

Hes got a hole cut out in PVC Pipe and Stuck the BOV in it then Sealed it in with JB weld

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did all the seams on this with JB weld. and made the beads at the ends with underwater cold weld then filed/sanded down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts