Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bov releases pressure at around 10 psi no matter how much i adjust it. it is a turbo xs bov and it says it is good from 6 to 30 psi. can someone help?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Try adding some of the shims (washers) that come with it. My TurboXS holds 23psi no prob. Out of the box, it held 18psi easily.

If that doesn't work, make sure it's seated all the way on it's mounting surface.

I suppose it could have a defective spring, but I'd try the suggestions above first.

Good luck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
stoney wilson said:
my bov releases pressure at around 10 psi no matter how much i adjust it. it is a turbo xs bov and it says it is good from 6 to 30 psi. can someone help?
My Turbo XS acted something like yours initially, but not quite as bad. Mine was releasing the pressure at about 11-12 psi. I started adding the shims it came with, a couple at a time, and kept testing it until it held the pressure under my boost levels. Ultimately, I used all the shims that came with it, plus a few of my own. It's worked very well since then, and sounds great between shifts.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It’s sounds like you are using the purge solenoid line for the vacuum/boost source. I think the ideal location would be from directly on the intake manifold plenum. At least that’s what I got from the instruction that came with my BOV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts