Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brake booster on my 86 reliant k is so large i cant fit an air cleaner on my turbo, are there any smaller options I can use to alleviate this ?
I'm using a special exhaust manifold that moves the turbo toward the drivers side of the car, finding an air filter small enough to fit in there is next to impossible.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The brake booster on my 86 reliant k is so large i cant fit an air cleaner on my turbo, are there any smaller options I can use to alleviate this ?
I'm using a special exhaust manifold that moves the turbo toward the drivers side of the car, finding an air filter small enough to fit in there is next to impossible.
I just tossed a Turbo set up on my 88 reliant it looks like there's more than enough room is yours similar?
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tossed a Turbo set up on my 88 reliant it looks like there's more than enough room is yours similar?
View attachment 283227
in terms of being both chrysler products yes lol. i am using a special aftermarket exhaust manifold that moves the turbo about 6 inches closer to the brake booster. I am also using a plenum that doesnt have a 90 on it creating even less room.

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
311 Posts
In the summer down south you can feel the heat radiating out from the core. I was burning up in my daytona before I repaired the vacuum line going through the firewall to the valve. Just my experience tho. He could move the valve else where to gain a lil room. Someone in the past move the one in my daytona to under the battery tray.

·
Super Moderator
12,230 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Car Automotive tire Auto part

here you need a 90* hose adapter for the turbo inlet
you can get ones that have an offset that allows tighter clearance than a radius would usually offer
also we had a guy post up awhil
e ago he didn't have the space to fit the right angled hose piece .. it hit the booster

"too long/big"
he posted back a couple of days later after realizing he could simply cut the hose shorter where it slipped on the turbo inlet and get all the space he needed

you really wanna get air from outside the general engine compartment too

with your throttle body set up you could run two 45*'s instead of the 90 ..move the return from the intercooler routing over above the master cylinder and build an air box in the original location with a flat panel style filter.. and a hood scoop directly above it

new challenger T/A scoop is a nice piece and the right size to be proportional..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts