Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I believe the guy who had initial fitment issues had a simple right angled hose ..not the funky one I posted

Thank you! I believe my father referred to the plenum as "the mailbox" and the turbo I'm running i believe is a super 60 hybrid. The exhaust manifold I'm almost positive is from TU but had been sitting in my dad's shop for years

·
Registered
1992 dodge shadow es turbo
1,023 Posts
Thank you! I believe my father referred to the plenum as "the mailbox" and the turbo I'm running i believe is a super 60 hybrid. The exhaust manifold I'm almost positive is from TU but had been sitting in my dad's shop for years
Your turbo most definitely is a hybrid but not a super 60 that’s for sure, the 4 inch inlet gives that away. Do you have the cast or SS exhaust manifold? Did you port match it to the head and turbo?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Your turbo most definitely is a hybrid but not a super 60 that’s for sure, the 4 inch inlet gives that away. Do you have the cast or SS exhaust manifold? Did you port match it to the head and turbo?
It's the cast manifold and I believe it was already match ported. T3/t4 hybrid? I wish I could remember what it is but I didn't order the parts my dad did years ago

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Maybe you could get it built up with weld and refaced.
There's another issue with the plenum I'm using, the throttlebody side is too short and air leaks past the aic. So I'll be going back to a two piece anyway
Yes I had to do exactly that on a 16V Masi intake I was converting to 58mm TB. You can see the slightly different color on the top side of TB flange. I WISH that was the only welding I had to do on this intake (lol).
Carbon Metal Auto part Composite material Aluminium
Automotive tire Gas Automotive design Machine Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
531 Posts
You may need to run the single diaphragm brake booster like the CARDONE 5474100.

The below is a single diaphragm booster.

This is a dual diaphragm booster:

Someone told me at Carlisle a while ago that the BMF intake requires the smaller booster for clearance but nobody seems to have mentioned that online.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I always ditch the booster whenever possible.

Brake reaction time improves with manual brakes.

Boosters always have some delay time.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the TU exhaust manifold and the Garrett GT 3076R turbo. I had brake booster clearance issues too, until I found the 90* elbow and cut it down about an inch. I have the dual diaphragm booster bc my car was automatic but now has the a555, the brake booster has since been rebuilt by a place in CA. for the air filter I ran the pipe to the underneath the battery tray and deleted the cruise control.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Gas Auto part

21 - 33 of 33 Posts