Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I have a 1988 dodge daytona shelby z and recently my brakes have been feeling weird. Its like, I have to push the pedal all the way to the floor to stop... So, I'm assuming the only thing is, that I have to add brake fluid?
If this is the case, where do I add it? I know there is a black reservoir with two caps on it, and when I checked, it looked like the one closer to the driver was almost full, but the one further away from the driver was empty... So, what goes in those caps? Is that where I should add brake fluid? Anyway, thanks everyone who replys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a immediate and serious brake problem and you want to wait a month to fix it?

I'm glad I don't live in Manchester.
Well, how often does fluid run low? Like, how often does the average person have to replace there fluid? If I add a whole bottle, and it runs dry in a day, than yea... I'd be worried...

·
Registered
646 Posts
brake fluid rarely runs low. as the brakes wear, the fluid will drop in level a little, but you have already said that they feel mushy. you have air in the system. you have a leak.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brake fluid rarely runs low. as the brakes wear, the fluid will drop in level a little, but you have already said that they feel mushy. you have air in the system. you have a leak.
My brakes have been squeaking a little lately... Does the wear down of brakes at all allow leaks to occur? I mean, where would the leak be? It sucks because I just had the lines done.

·
Registered
971 Posts
You mention that you've *just had the lines done*.....was this work done by a certified shop and do you have an invoice for the work?..If so, don't touch anything, take the car to the nearest ministry office and report the shoddy work. If you or a friend did the work, perhaps you or he should not have got involved with something that you seem to lack knowledge of. Don't take this personally, but if you are not experienced (especially where your car's brakes are concerned) in certain repairs....get someone who is well seasoned. It's your life & the life of those on the road around you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts