Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 omni t2 had the passanger caliper lock up on me so i replaced it,now today the driver front locked up :bang head.could this be just old parts/warn out or could this be booster?car was and has been stopping fine thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
24,996 Posts
Chances are it is just old parts with worn seals.
If you want to verify the problem is not with the rubber brake hoses being collapsed internally just open the bleeder and see if the piston will retract, if it will not the caliper needs replacement/rebuild.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ditto...we were having our brakes on my 95 Neon hanging up on the front in stop and go traffic in Nashville on our way to FL for spring break. I thought it was the calipers, which it was, but they were hanging up since the brake lines were collapsing. No troubles after replacing the brake lines....calipers were good.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chances are it is just old parts with worn seals.
If you want to verify the problem is not with the rubber brake hoses being collapsed internally just open the bleeder and see if the piston will retract, if it will not the caliper needs replacement/rebuild.
Hey thanks NAJ as always,the caliper piston was broke and the rubber lines were collapsed old junk so replaced all.will get some miles and hope all is well.:fingersx:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts