Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Are you interested in purchasing a brand new hood vent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I have made a change in what to possibly be reproduced. The interior door lock bezels and/ or the T-top hockey stick trim. Any interest in these? i already have a few on a list for this.

·
Administrator
3,969 Posts
Curious, do the old - original - vents go to shit over time? I don't own a 1st gen myself but I've sold a few vents out of junkyards years ago, it looked like they were made of something like fiberglass because they all have slight nicks out of them.

That being said, for those interested, what material would the proposed new vents be cast out of?

I think another important question people will want to know is, how many people do you need, and what would the price be per vent with that minimum number of people? And price with 5 or 10 more than the minimum?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious, do the old - original - vents go to shit over time? I don't own a 1st gen myself but I've sold a few vents out of junkyards years ago, it looked like they were made of something like fiberglass because they all have slight nicks out of them.

That being said, for those interested, what material would the proposed new vents be cast out of?

I think another important question people will want to know is, how many people do you need, and what would the price be per vent with that minimum number of people? And price with 5 or 10 more than the minimum?
The vent im hoping to make out a hard dense plastic for starting. once i know that these are good to go, im planning on using a fiberglass weave. The originals are made of fiberglass. maybe i can use carbon fiber. im not sure.

But the price wise, i am hopeing to sell them for no more than 100$- 120$. maybe even less than 100. But i do know, that if more than enough people are interested, the price would be cut down alot!
I have no word on what the price to make the mold is yet. and Im not sure how many people.
I asked for people to state the number, so i know if i get enough people, i use the money sent for the vents, to pay for the casting materials and to pay up to the price for the mold. So i dont lose money for no reason, and i dont do all this work for nothing.

And the old vents are becoming very weak and delicate. lots of cracks are in most of them and the color has gone away. from the constant temp changes, the vents over 30+ Years should be retired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts