Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been reading around, and cannot seem to find anyone that carries any beefed up breakf for g bodys.

What are people doing for bigger break packages on these cars?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Normally, people are running 11" setup with 11" vented rear breaks, with D50 master cylinder and braided brake lines. I know that is what I am going to be putting on my 89 Daytona. It is the highest brake system that came on the cars.

·
Registered
538 Posts
As far as I know your 89 Shelby should already have the 11" vented discs all around which is as big as it gets without spending big $$ for a custom setup.

Are you finding that your current brake setup isn't enough?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Its "brakes"

like said above if its an 89Shelby Daytona its got 11" all around, if its 91+ AFAIK they all got 11" all around. If your having issues bleed the lines, check for worn rubber lines/leaks, get some better pads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hrm. Yeah its an 89 with the 11", I was just curiouse if someone offered a bigger kit for these cars.

What kind of Calipers/Rotors/Pads would you guys reccomend for maximum stopping power?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
You prob could just get the braided lines and bleed/change the fluid since its prob old and has moisture in it. Then if you want more try some different pads

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Well, what I would do if I were you is go with a set of drilled and slotted rotors, with some hi-proformance pads. And if you want a shorter distance for the brake pedal, you could upgrade the master cylinder. Other then that, the calipers could be rebuilt if wanted, but that would not do as much in terms of performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts