Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have broken quite a few underbody tubes since I've had this kit (most is by driving PT after a snow storm), but being that they're connected in a "circuit" the rest of the tubes never worked if one was broken, right? Well, that's what I used to think.... not any more!! 8o

At first, I noticed that my glow reduced dramatically and that the driver side tube wouldn't light up, BUT the remaining 3 tubes did. So, I figured that X-former was faulty. (I've already replaced one for being faulty in the past)
Soo, I left it that way for about 2 months being that I knew I would have the chance to check it when istalling the lake pipes...

Yesterday, we had the PT on the lift (installing lake pipes) and noticed that the driver side neon tube was busted.
Not cracked or any of the surt.... I mean broken/busted completely!! (not the tube covering though, so still under warranty)

How is this possible??
They work either by using the switch or remote control...

anyone else experienced this before? ?:|
I have, but all 4 bulbs were fine... it was the xformer at that time.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Mine has done that b4 when I had a front one broke. I just by passed it until I had it replaced. Ran just 3 neons . All 4 would work for about 5 minutes then they would cut off.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Its like flouescent lights- technically, enough high-voltage can traverse from one cathose to the next, through any remaining gas that is still there, completing the circuit do the others will still light. I will bet you though the the non-broke ones are not as bright though....

As long as the lexan is not broke, those are still covered under FULL warranty...

:)

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Mine had all 4 come on for a brief second, then cut off. Thought it was transformer (may be) but they tested each bulb and suddenly the rear one won't come on so I have to get it replaced... :(

RN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts