Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any exspirience with exhaust bypass setups. Where you lpress a button and the downpipe goes right in to open air..Im wondering if it would add enough horse power to be worth it. I heard it can bring it down too tho. thanks

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I just use a dump tube from Summit. Loosen 3 wing nuts right after the downpipe, bam 2/10's in less than 20 seconds. ;) Its only $60 for everything, but if you really want to have fun than I would suggest using the electrical unit, although I have heard of them sticking open or closed.

·
Registered
979 Posts
just installed my electric cutout from Mccord today, man that is sooo fun I only drove it for like 15 minutes but you get all of the roar of a open DP or sleeper car quite on my setup

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
Turbo Charger said:
If your talking about a Turbo dodge.. it can't do anything but good. I'm not entirely sure.. but even on a stock TD I think you could easily gain around 50hp... maybe more... not to mention a much faster spoolup.

50??!?! I don't know where you get your numbers from... but they are highly overrated.

I have a 3 inch downpipe and the cut out, love it.
http://www.hardcars.com/headerman/dodge/exhaust.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts