Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I advance them initially? The heads are milled .029, so I know I'm a little bit timing retarded now. But I was thinking 4-5 should be good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but if I have to re-adjust, I don't want the pain of guessing on the rear head. I won't get a clean shot of lined up or not. I'm contemplating fabbing a plate between the adjustment disc and the gear that remains stationary w/ the gear so I can be sure when I adjust. Make sense? good idea?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
????

I just made a mark on the gear and then on the center section. I made one @ 110 degrees, 106, and 102. They aren't labeled or anything. I inherited an inscriber recently though which would have been better then me cutting marks into the aluminum with a razor.

I marked both gears. As long as your timing belt is good they should stay similar to each other.
Also, the material I removed from my heads didnt make a noticeable difference in cam timing. Even having the front head align bored didnt make a difference. It was off 0.5 degrees with probably 1.25mm total removed from the distance of the front cam to the crank. Of course I dont think our stock stuff is very accurate to begin with.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Still wondering what cams? N/A?

Advancing the cams 4 degrees brought my idle vacuum way up (17-18inches on a 7.0:1 motor with huge cams as long as it idles @ 1000 rpms or more. Anything less and the vacuum drops and the warm idle a/f goes from 14.7s to 11's) and makes it way nastier in the lower rpms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.