Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Quick question....

Is there any reason a cam made for a slider system could not be used on a roller setup???? I wouldn't think there'd be a problem, there being less friction and all.

thanks in advance.....

Dom

·
Registered
175 Posts
The slider cam does not have the proper "profile" for the roller rockers. The actual rocker ratio will be different if you combined the roller rockers to the slider cam giving possible more lift and likely spring coil bind.It may even keep the valve slightly open all the time once the lifter is pumped up. I'm thinking possible KaBoom. Not suggested!

Chris

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there goes that idea.......

Anyone know of (besides getting a custom cam ground) any performance cams for an N/A engine with rollers??? There are a couple of cams avaiable from mopar (P4529320 & P4452765) I was looking at, but can't see if they are for the slider or roller.....

Dom

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dang..I forgot to mention I have a mechanical cam for sale if that interests
you for a N/A motor..I believe its the 314 MP cam..B/N Only thing is it's a slider cam requiring mechanical lash adjusters. 75.00 cdn takes it.

·
Administrator
10,119 Posts
a taft cam would work in a NA, I would consider retarding its timing to get some more RPM from it though,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts