Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
It was even easier than I thought. In my case, injectors with plastic tips, I was able to remove the rail and all 4 injectors together without cramming the tips against the manifold. I played with it for a few minutes and was able to remove it by figuring the best way to turn it, slide it over an inch or two,and then turn it again and lift it out. The only thing in the way were the wire connectors which I just learned to slip behind the fuel rail before trying to remove it. All I had to take off was the fitting on the front of the manifold for the PCV. Of course I had to get the vacuum lines out of the way and unplug the electrical connector. Even did it with the valve cover on. The trick was figuring out the position to get it in to be able to slide it to the passenger side an inch or two, tilt it up, give a little twist to clear the VC,and out she came. Installation was just as easy and much easier to confirm the injectors were well seated and the clips in the best place. Yippie.

I'm reading, but not understanding the "half moon dish" idea. Then again I don't have a T2...yet. A picture would be fantastic!
Had another car in the shop with 2 piece and remembered this thread. Pics.........

Attachments

ya when all the bolts are out it should seperate

is it still in the car ? - if so getting all the bolts out is an achievement

if still in car are you 100% sure you got all the bolts

is the support strut by the throttle body off ?

mine was stuck together pretty good when I took it apart on the garage floor a couple of months ago

if all the bolts are out it should come apart - you may have to give it a few bumps to break the gasket apart

Sorry for not informing everybody. The two piece is on a motor that's out of an 87 Shelby z. I've tried to give it a tap w hammer but don't want to damage the finish. If its the gasket its still doing a hell of a job.

Next time your working on the 2 piece you can put a 1/2 moon dish at the top of the inj bores (miles away from wherte it seats in the mani) and you'll be able to pull the rail with inj's no problem. Do this on almost all the 2 pieces we've modded.
More great info from the "Pressure Ratio King" !!!

Thanks
Randy

I just did this exact operation on my '86 GLHS. I wanted to replace the stock injectors with +20% ones, and install an adjustable regulator at the same time. I began by removing all the vacuum lines and electrical harness from the 'valley' between the valve cover and the intake, and also removed the pressure regulator.

After that, it was easy to unseat the injectors, then rotate the entire rail and move it to the left. I had to rotate the rail again once or twice to clear the vacuum barb, but this was no big deal and everything came right out.

As you can see, I did not remove either vacuum barb and the valve cover remained in place. HTH

Great advice and pics from everybody.
I'm going to be doing similar work soon (when the weather cools down for good),
so all of this helps enormously.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.