Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If was curious if I can pull the ABM inserts from my Lebaron A-413 through the diff cover by spinning the axles around and getting the ring gear bolts where I can get to them, remove the pinion pin "caps" and reinstall and ring gear bolts when finished, and thereby allowing my to pull the diff pin and inserts. If so can I do the reverse and install the inserts in my A-568 in my Spirit R/T the same way? Are the inserts for the A-413 and the A-568 the same? I don't want to pull the transmissions on two working vehicles if I can get away with it. Any tricks that will allow me to swap?

·
Registered
567 Posts
You should be able to change it out as long as the diff uses the bolt on tabs to retain the diff pin. I don't see how you could get a punch in there to pound out the factory roll pin. ;)

If the 568 is a 2 pinion diff, then it should be a fairly direct swap. If you have to, I've R&R differentals from the older FWD cars with the trans still in the car. Remove the front motor mount and use the spare scissors jack to tip the rear of the trans down. Place it between the K-frame and oil pan (use a 2x4 on the oil pan). If worse comes to worse, pull the trans!

-Chuck James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts