Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the 2 year old fuel out of the tank on my 91 R/T before I fire it up. I am hoping I'd be able to simply jump a couple pins and be able to run the pump constant until it's empty. Is this an option or am I stuck rounding up a siphon or dropping the tank a bit to access the connector to hotwire there.

I don't know how much fuel is in there so I'd like to avoid dropping the tank.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
On t1 t2s you jump from battery + to the coil + and that jumps the pump. dunno about a TIII for sure.

·
Registered
670 Posts
On the TIII's ASD relay socket (with the relay removed, obviously), just jump the RED/WHT wire to the DKGRN/BLK wire. This sends +12V to the fuel pump, O2 sensor, coil and injectors.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i just did the same thing to my srt-4 before putting it away for the winter, jumping the relay is much better than a garden hose any day :thumb:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I cant get my fuel pump to come on, will my car start if I jump that relay?
Not if the fuel pump isn't coming on, no. If the pump isn't coming on, there's a break in the ASD relay output wire (DKGRN/BLK wire) going to your fuel pump or the pump just died.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not if the fuel pump isn't coming on, no. If the pump isn't coming on, there's a break in the ASD relay output wire (DKGRN/BLK wire) going to your fuel pump or the pump just died.
my car does not have an asd relay in the fuse box under hood. I have a fuel pump relay and ignition relay, no asd listed

·
Registered
670 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts