Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89 Lebaron coupe.
There was a plate at the top of the dash with a boost gauge I wanted to go back to the stock looking boost gauge but the round plug is not there for some reason...
Gas Circuit component Tints and shades Electrical wiring Technology

Do I need this type?
Speedometer Vehicle Plant Trip computer Tachometer

· Old School Hot Rodder
1,753 Posts
I believe you need this one:
Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Hubcap Rim
Toy Art Wheel Gas Jewellery

I have a spare I think, but the tubular "pins" are not serviced nor have I found a replacement.

· Old School Hot Rodder
1,753 Posts
You were asking about the boost gauge, I take it the rectangular plugs are what you currently have? So what is in the location where the boost gauge will go?
Here is mine, in a 1989 J dash:
Motor vehicle Gauge Vehicle Vehicle audio Measuring instrument

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You were asking about the boost gauge, I take it the rectangular plugs are what you currently have? So what is in the location where the boost gauge will go?
Here is mine, in a 1989 J dash:
View attachment 283189
It's a black plate with a VDO boost gauge. I want to return it to stock boost/information center. I have a pile of the ones you have but there's no plug to hook it up.

· Old School Hot Rodder
1,753 Posts
So you need what wire goes to what pin on the boost gauge/information center. They use door jamb switches at the back edge of the doors for the door ajar warning.
Here they are, the wiring is the same, other than the two extra lights in the boost gauge. M13 is right door ajar, M3 is left, I used M4 for my trunk ajar warning since the diagrams are from a G body, so it says "liftgate".

Attachments

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you need what wire goes to what pin on the boost gauge/information center. They use door jamb switches at the back edge of the doors for the door ajar warning.
Here they are, the wiring is the same, other than the two extra lights in the boost gauge. M13 is right door ajar, M3 is left, I used M4 for my trunk ajar warning since the diagrams are from a G body, so it says "liftgate".
Do you think those wires are on those 2 rectangular plugs? Or should I seek out the other information center?

· Old School Hot Rodder
1,753 Posts
The car is a 1989 J or G body if I read everything correctly. I assume what you have there is a vehicle information center. I will need to go get my 1989 electrical volume most likely. I believe what you have is called an "electronic monitor" and AllData only shows with and without it, no actual connectors.

· Registered
1,795 Posts
The rectangular plugs are for the electronic information center. I don't think they ever came with a boost gauge. You'd have to either cut the wires and put the round plug on to utilize the boost gauge info center or make an adapter harness so you don't cut the main harness. Either way you'd most likely have to get the round connector off a donor car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts