Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car: 89 daytona cs 2.5 bored 30 over garret tII a555

Well i took my car out of winter storage about 3 weeks ago, put some fresh 93oct in it and it ran awesome. up till about a week or so ago. I was driving and it would just start running like crap about 3k like timing was being pulled or something im not sure. anyways i noticed i had a code 14 at the time map sensor voltage error, ok so i checked the map sensor i had power going to it from the computer 5v and out of it to the computer , vac lines were good. before i checked the voltage inputs/outputs i noticed if i would turn the car off disconnect the map and tps sensor it would run fine for about 2 minutes tops, pull good and everything. So fastfoward i have now put stock champions in it, i had gr4s in it. Seemed to run good, old plugs looked good i gaped right, regaped the champions to 34. Car ran great for about 4 miles then it ran like crap after that would pull to 4k though. Its not as severe as fuel cut when i would overboost in 4th hit 18psi open dp. Im not sure what to do, the cal was socketed witha 2.5 cal no cel mod. Ive always had 93 in it. thoughts? I stoped at a gas station filled her up with more 93 ran great for a while then went back to crap.

Thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
How old is your fuel pump and filter? I had similar symptons with a leaky fuel line.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did check fuel pressure forgot that one. 55-60psi with the vac line from the fpr off. and it held it for about 15 minutes or so after i shut it off

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
did you pich the return and see if shot way up past 80psi?
what was the pressure under boost while you were seeing this problem? did it drop off?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you pich the return and see if shot way up past 80psi?
what was the pressure under boost while you were seeing this problem? did it drop off?
no i didnt do that test. i couldnt see the guage while driving so i dont know if it was just not pumping out enough or not i dont have a long enough hose:(

and i just put a new wix fuel filter on it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i installed a new mopar cap, rotor, and plug wirs, i was going to replace the hep but they gave me the wrong one :bash: for a tbi engine, so that will be later, after all that changed i also added an oil catch can, i still have the problem of the engine 'cutting out' and nwo it has a full tank of gas so i know the fuel isnt rushing all over and not being sucked up by the fuel pump. Sometimes it pulls others it doesnt. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
well i installed a new hep and still runs kinda crappy has a lil hiccup through the powerband still but seems to be running better then before so thats good. any thoughts guys?

also checked fp, looks good and i did the pintch trick the injectors fpr, and pump are all good. 55psi with vac on fpr, then goes to 60 with the line off. thoughts, i cant monitor the fuel when i am driving the guage line is too short.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts