Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have had my 86 s/c for about a year or so now running ok or atleast i thought but all i can muster out at the track was a 16.2 and this was wth a boost bleed and all. i now have an intake fabed up and an open downpipe with the 2.5 injectors in since my plugs were a little on the white side to my liking. when you first start the car up and its cold its very peppy and will roast the tires off first through third but once the temperature gets up it seems to fall on its face. this is an 86 t1 car non intercooled. so can someone point me in the direction of why my numbers are so high and it falls on its face when it is warmed up

·
Registered
11 Posts
My guess is heat soak, but I'm not sure if just a warmer intake charge would cause that drastic of a change, might cost you 5-7hp at the wheels I would say.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ran same way with old injectors and the o2 sensor from what i read can compensate for the extra fuel since the 2.5s are about the same as + 20 injectors also is this just how bad and poor the suck through setup runs

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The O2 only corrects at cruising, at WOT, the computer defaults to a table of set values. That's why 99% throttle is faster than 100% throttle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts