1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A drug problem! :eek:
And I am totally cool with it. :D

Alky jet location...

Cant wait to go try it out. Better yet, cant wait to try it with the new cal and some boost. :cool: Then the holset, cant forget about the holset. :laugh:

Did have a little "issue" putting it in, its set for three bar maps right now, so I had to adjust my settings. Had some spraying going on when it shouldnt have been. :eek:
I am going out for a test run, 10ish psi. I will report back. Also, please no making fun of my rusty intercooler pipes. :p They will be painted soon.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I run a rehab program for cars at my house. Send the car over :fingersx: and I will get if off alcohol for you for free and it won't take 30 days. :thumb: rusty pipe who cares. I once built an old challenger and painted the engine black and basicly kept it ugly under the hood but it would run. Those chevy boys hated looking at the ugly engine that beat them.
Tim

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run a rehab program for cars at my house. Send the car over :fingersx: and I will get if off alcohol for you for free and it won't take 30 days. :thumb: rusty pipe who cares. I once built an old challenger and painted the engine black and basicly kept it ugly under the hood but it would run. Those chevy boys hated looking at the ugly engine that beat them.
Tim
lol. :thumb:
The car REALLY likes it so far. Pulls through the top end much harder. :thumb: Car pulls like its on 13-14psi now instead of 9-10. I never saw the intake temp get above 85, and that was while I was just crusing. Punch it, and pull it hard all the way through the gear and the temp drops! :eek: Car seems to boost a little quicker too. I have to set to come on about 5 psi, and it just spools fast after that. Kills the tires 1st and 2nd gear after about 7 psi too. lol And after a good ride with some nice pulls, I get back and the intake is cold. :headbang:
I cant wait to get my cal and my zeitronix back and start really playing with it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That sounds awesome, I have a friend with a drag banshee running alcohol, amazing
how cool it runs. You can literally put your hand on the head after it is already
warmed up. The only draw back is moisture content, if you ever have any left in the
motor it will cause corrosion and rust. I also have a few buddied that are into 360
sprint cars and I am always going over there helping them remove their injectors and
flushing the motors after every race to get all the alcohol out. You probably already
know this. I am sure yours probably burns off as soon as it gets in there, not like it
is sitting in the fuel system.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
good to hear its working well for you, it defiantely does a nice amount of pulling once it starts spraying. that install looks very familiar hmmm i wonder where i've seen it that way before ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Cory, what size mist nozzle are you running in this setup? I just installed a similar system in my R/T with an M5 nozzle (5 gpm @ 100psi). Just curious.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have the m3 in there right now. I am only running about 10psi with it, so I didnt want to go to big. Once I get my cal back and my zeitronix, I will put probably the 5m in and see what it does.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good to hear its working well for you, it defiantely does a nice amount of pulling once it starts spraying. that install looks very familiar hmmm i wonder where i've seen it that way before ?
I think it might look alittle familar. I kinda had the idea, and then it was finalized by a guy with a really bad ass red iroc. :cool: I cant quite remember who though. :p

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds awesome, I have a friend with a drag banshee running alcohol, amazing
how cool it runs. You can literally put your hand on the head after it is already
warmed up. The only draw back is moisture content, if you ever have any left in the
motor it will cause corrosion and rust. I also have a few buddied that are into 360
sprint cars and I am always going over there helping them remove their injectors and
flushing the motors after every race to get all the alcohol out. You probably already
know this. I am sure yours probably burns off as soon as it gets in there, not like it
is sitting in the fuel system.
We were going to put my buddys hill trike on alch. but stopped just for that reason. We already spend more than enough time messing with jetting and gearing and not ridding. lol My banshee will be seening a boondockers No2 kit by spring though. :eek: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol Thanks again for your input on this.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot a pic of the controller. :D lol

A greddy Profec B will look just awesome next to that controller. I havent decided if I am going to keep the narrowband meter there or not. I have it hooked up to the narrow band output on my zeitronix. Its nice to be able to glance at a color quickly then try to read a number on a display when your racing. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
eh, not impressed with the location, i have mine on the dash lens right over the stock boost gauge, makes it really easy to adjust and see when its spraying and full on and how accurate the autometer gauge is

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as long as as you know its Bad Ass
Oh, its bad. :headbang: Now if I could just remember who's it was...... :p
i'm all for sharing my set up pictures lol
You have been lots of help on this alky setup on my car. :thumb: And I am really amazed at how similar our setups our overall on our cars. We would have very similar turbos as well had I not really wanted to try a holset on this car.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought about putting it up there, but its already a little cluttered on mine.

That Zeitronix display shows me more than I can already keep my eye on. lol Plus with the lamda setup on the zeitronix, I should know when the alky is spraying. :D I would like to see a pic of your contoller setup. Sounds like a good location. mine is cake to adjust when I am driving, I would think up in the cluster that would be hard. That, and my electric cutout valve switch is located just to the side of the controller, so my hand is overthere a bit anyway. And the profec B will fit perfect next to it. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i have a aem wideband mounted on my column in a pod so it left the dash space empty and i have my 2 gauges on the pillar. i just reach forward and tweak it while driving

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Looks good Cory. Now you really need the cal and the holset on there! Punish those front tires!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks good Cory. Now you really need the cal and the holset on there! Punish those front tires!
They are hating me the last 24 hours. lol I am so impressed with how well this thing now pulls in 4th gear. It pins me back very, very nicely :cool: and its only at 11ish in 4th. :eek: I do need to tweek the alky some, or possibly new, re-gapped plugs. It seems to break up some right after I shift. But, the way it now pulls though the top end (to the rev limter quickly I should add :eek:) are quite impressive. Time to start buggin some people for my stuff! LOL :eek:

One odd note, its idles better..... Dont know if its cleaned my TB and thats whats doing it or what, but it holds idle smoother and better than it has, even since it was first put together. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I ended up running 29 gph nozzles with the pump maxed out. Also, BE SURE, its a MUST if you run anything larger than say a 10 gph jet, to put a 3/8 feed line from the tank to the pump.

We (Lonewolf Performance), found out that you have virtually zero pressure in the line after the nozzle. After upgrading we had 45-50 psi, so we than added a second pump.

Hi, my names Wallace Im a alcoholic....

BTW, Cory, splurge and get some VP H3 methanol and feel the difference.....

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Wallace. I think you and I talked about the VP meth. I will get some. I just got some HEET and water mixed right now. You should have seen the look on the guys faces at autostoned when I walked up to the counter with 8 bottles of this stuff. And its something they watch around here because it can be used to make meth (the drug, not the good stuff) Its midnight, I look like greasey trailer trash, and I am buying TONS of stuff to make meth. Nice. lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts