Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is 05srt4 it is smoking so bad and I don't Kno what it is I am trying not to pull pistons cuz I really don't have the money to replace everything again but if I have to I will any ways it's smoking bad it's white smoke and it's thick smells like burnt oil or something when I drive it it's so smokey that people can't even see my car it's bad I don't Kno if it's broken oil rig gs or bad turbo any ideas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I relly hope it's that cuz I did a compression test and it read good numbers all the way across no spike no loss I. Any of em and I just rebuilt the head new valves spring ect.

·
Administrator
24,686 Posts
A compression test is only 1/2 of the equation, if you want to properly check engine condition you also need to perform a Cylinder Leakdown Test.
A Compression test shows the engines ability to Produce pressure, a Cylinder Leakdown test shows the engine ability to Hold pressure.
It will show if a problem is present in one or all cylinders, if the problem is related to rings/valves/head and block sealing.
If your issue is with the Oil Rings neither test will determine that.
Lets try to determine where the issue lies.
1)Remove all spark plugs, are any fouled with oil?
a)Which Cylinders?
2)Remove the charge piping from the turbo and throttle body, is oil present?
3)Is there oil in the air filter housing?
4)With the engine running and the oil cap removed is there blowby coming from the oil cap opening?
5)Is the PCV system properly connected and functioning with no collapsed/cracked/disconnected lines?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts