Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so after i got my car back from the shop for a alignment, when i had the breaks going like 50mph the car wants to sway or lean to the drivers side like the drivers side breaks are working more than the passager side. i have bled the breaks and the passager side does squirt out so i dont think i would be the line?!?!?!? any takes on this????

·
Banned
580 Posts
well, what does the experts at the alignment shop say?

pull on braking is indictative of a dragging brake, bad suspension bushings, restrictions in the brake line, one rotor is badly glazed, 2 different brand brake pads, stuck caliper/or slides and much more other possibilities.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omg like they just told me to bleed my breaks. i do have i cheap set of breaks on the passager side, but i have had them on for months and this just started after i went to the shop

·
Banned
580 Posts
then the shop did something wrong. If it was fine before it went in and now it isn't then they f'd something up. bleading brakes would have no bearing on your situation, you'd have a squishy brake pedal if their was air... and unless you opened up the brake lines (new caliper, new hose, new line, new master, etc) air just doesn't magically get into the brake system, so bleeding wouldn't be necessarry. Air in the brake lines won't cause darting situation when braking, it causes spongy brake pedal

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i know, thats what i thought too, but me being nice and could not blame them if i really did not know what happened you know. and no i did not replace any on thoughs parts. the shop did say i needed some spacers to make that alignment perfect. but if it only does that when i am breaking than that would not cause it.

·
Banned
580 Posts
must be the rear they are talking about spacers since there's no place on the front at all. take a copy of the alignment report and post so I can see all the angles and the before and after info.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok mm i think i throw it in the garbage, now i could get a copy from the shop, they should still have it. ok i found some new i jacked up the passager side and started the car in gear you know and well the tire starts moving like it should, spun it up to about 10mph hit the brakes and stoped on a dime, and same for the drivers side so kinda feel less like the breaks maybe the bushing on the control arm ?!?!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts