Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started about 2 weeks ago, went to start car and it just clicks. Gave it a couple more cranks and got nothing. Replaced battery and started right up ran for a few days about 200 miles and started doing the same thing today. I pop started the car and took off the battery cables and it runs, not alternator. Help would be great.

·
Registered
315 Posts
In the old days, what ure describing would be the Starter Solenoid. Prolly not available seperately for ure car, but usually only a couple of dollars. If the actual starter were bad, it would never start again. otherwise, some other component in the starter circuit seems jacked.

~Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am starting to think that it is the alternator because the battery keeps on dieing.
I charge it and it starts right up, run it for like a half hour turn it off and it won't start. I pop started the car and took off the battery terminals and the car ran fine, I actually drove it for a few minutes, but my radio was flashing on and off. Multimeter says that i have 13.4... volts at the battery but it just doesn't seem to be enough to crank it over. I think that it might have something to do with the 1200watt stereo system that i am running.

chris

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Alt sounds like its putting out. You should have at least 14 volts. Its putting out enough to keep the car running but not enough to recharge the battery after every starting time after time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts