Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 shadow n/a

So I recently put in a "new" transmission over the weekend. and it ran fine, I drove it a couple times before filling it with 89 octane, with about an 1/8 of 87 already in there. I drove it to o'reilly's to pick up a on/off switch different story, was in there 1 minute, came back out, and it wouldnt start, after fiddling for 3 HOURS! and replacing some part of the distributor, dont remember the name, it started.

I drove it to school, and back, was inside for 15 minutes, went out to go to the bank just now, and it wont start again.

What the hell is going on?

Is it because I mixed the octanes, or used a higher octane this time around?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Nothing to do with fuel octane.

You probably have more ignition woes. HEP coil or rotor, etc etc. Do some searching on here, quite common.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I found out it takes several seconds to get it to start, I have to turn it for quite some time before it starts.

My entire ignition system is less than a year old. and I have relatively good spark.

Dad seems to think timing might be off, since we turned the crankshaft quite a bit putting the tranny on.

·
Administrator
24,835 Posts
When the "no start" condition is present remove the coil wire from the distributor and hold 1/4" from ground and crank the engine and you should have spark.When the condition is present and you turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump cycle?
Are any fault codes set in memory? If so record them,erase them and see if any are present again when the "no start" exists.You will have to crank the engine over for 10 seconds for a code to set.
Before you can diagnoise a "no start" you have to isolate the system causing the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts