Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car will start only when I have it in neutral and do not have the clutch pressed in. If I press in the clutch I get nothing. I can't find anything in my Haynes Manual that talks about a clutch button or anything... anyone else ever have this problem?
Thanks
-Spencer

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
So my car will start only when I have it in neutral and do not have the clutch pressed in. If I press in the clutch I get nothing. I can't find anything in my Haynes Manual that talks about a clutch button or anything... anyone else ever have this problem?
Thanks
-Spencer
year make and model please

·
Registered
971 Posts
91?

There is an interlock switch located at the top of the clutch pedal, there is also the adjustable striker plate that is bolted to the left side of the clutch pedal.

Sounds like yours is in need of some service.

·
Administrator
25,544 Posts
All I have to go by is the wiring diagram.
The wiring shows a "clutch interlock jumper".
The clutch switch/jumper controls the ignition start power feed on the yellow wire from the ignition switch to the starter relay.

Normally a clutch switch will be open when the clutch is not depressed so the car will not crank and the circuit will be closed when the clutch is depressed.
You are backwards.

The thing to do is take a look under the dash at the pedal bracket and wiring and see what is going on when you depress the pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts