Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car goes down the highway and dies. checked all connecions having to to with the firing system. Car is getting no spark from the coil. distributor pickup sync replaced with 2 used ones (dont know if they are good or not). How do you test pickup synch Omni GLH stock engine? What could be wrong. Car will crank and has fuel pressure and computer ground looks good. thoughts on this!!!!:bang head

· Administrator
26,455 Posts
Check the thread code 13 in the help section, I just posted diagnostics for no start/no spark (near the bottom of 1st page). Depending on the year of your car the controllers may be different and if you have an 85-87 the ASD relay is part of the PM but the system operates the same and diagnostics are the same.

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason my car wont start is because the timing belt was off at the crank. I developed a bad oil leak that soaked the timing belt. This threw the belt. While on the side of the road i never thought to check to see if the belt was moving.Car was cranking really fast like it had no resistance. When we got it back to the shop we noticed the distributor was not moving. The oil leak will be fixed and a new belt installed. The the lower radiator hose will be replaced due to chain tie down and towing injuries. thank you for your post.:drinking:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.