Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I spoke with the vice prez of the Buckeye chapter here recently and he mentioned to me that a lot of the OH guys are leaving from Columbus around 9 o'clock on the 25th to shoot down towards Cincy in order to arrive for the first night of activites. I am going to have my guys attending the event from my area probably leave our area (Belle Vernon, 45 mins. south of Pittsburgh) about 6:30? in order to arrive in Columbus, rendezvous with those OH guys, and then cruise down to SDAC with all of them.

Let's get this organized, I wanted to do this last year but some circumstances didn't permit us to attend. So, those of you coming from NY, MD, and out eastern PA, post up here if you wanna try and get in this caravan. Perhaps we can designate Cincy as the meeting point for everyone and then take off from there?

:thumb: Opinions? Remarks? Comments?

·
Registered
953 Posts
where are you coming in to ohio at 76/ turnpike or lower 70 / wv. i run down rt 30 to 71 to cbus/ there a big stip mall on 71 / lodi i think/ ALS

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Billy!

Right now I am not sure of the plans as we speak. I know that at least four of us are leaving Grafton OH around 9 or so which will put us in Columbus around 10:30. That gives you guys sometime to sleep in.

I think we will be meeting up with some other people in Columbus.

How many people do you think will caravan with you?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Hey Billy
Greg, Myself and a few others are meeting at my dads body shop on Sat. morning around 9 and will head down to Lodi (which is on route 83) to pick up 71 south. so you could either meet up with us in Lodi or down further towards Columbus as we pick up more members.
Jay

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am planing on going as well I will be joining sdac soon as well so maybe I can tag along?

Also anyone going to the classic at trails ?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
We'll probably just hit rt. 70 and drive straight to Columbus, and we could meet all you guys there. It takes us roughly 2.5 hours to get from here to National Trails Raceway in Columbus..

·
Registered
161 Posts
We're in Columbus, and would love to caravan down with y'all. Just let me know what time and where to meet and we'll be there, or if you need an idea for a place to meet, let me know. There is a Tim Hortons right of 70 on Brice Rd...and probably more than I'm not aware of off of 71. Can't wait to meet everybody :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just add some help. I am one in Columbus that will be meeting up with Jay and Greg. They will not be going to I70 and Brice. Although Tim Hortons is never a bad stop. Anyhow, I would suggest you guys come on around I270 on the south end of Columbus, take I71 south and get off at the 1st exit which is Stringtown Road. Ironically, there is a Tim Hortons there. So at the top of the exit ramp turn right and go through one light and Timmy's is on the left. You, Greg and Jay can decide but but I just thought if we met on the south side of Columbus, it would be the most straight route for all. Again, I just wanted to suggest and not step on any toes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
South end sounds like the best way to go. I know right where you are talking. And gotta have some coffee :) Just let me know what time and we'll be there. Hopefully in one of the td's....since we never know how they're going to be feeling.....

·
Registered
716 Posts
I talked to Jay today and mentioned this thread to him. He said Greg is handling it. I just figured it would be less congested since we are all heading south anyways.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds good........I'm ready :)

Cuda, what part of Columbus are you from? We are east...off Hamilton Rd....almost to Broad.

·
Registered
257 Posts
DC Turismo said:
Well, I spoke with the vice prez of the Buckeye chapter here recently and he mentioned to me that a lot of the OH guys are leaving from Columbus around 9 o'clock on the 25th to shoot down towards Cincy in order to arrive for the first night of activites. I am going to have my guys attending the event from my area probably leave our area (Belle Vernon, 45 mins. south of Pittsburgh) about 6:30? in order to arrive in Columbus, rendezvous with those OH guys, and then cruise down to SDAC with all of them.

Let's get this organized, I wanted to do this last year but some circumstances didn't permit us to attend. So, those of you coming from NY, MD, and out eastern PA, post up here if you wanna try and get in this caravan. Perhaps we can designate Cincy as the meeting point for everyone and then take off from there?

:thumb: Opinions? Remarks? Comments?
Billy,

Give, give me a call and let's work this out.

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
OK everyone, about 5 of us will be leaving Grafton, OH around 9-9:30. That is about 15 minutes north of Lodi on 71. We are planning on making 2 stops in Columbus. One north and one south.

Steve - which exit where you thinking about for the North of Columbus exit off 71? Anybody down south want pick an exit that is good for everyone?

If we leave at 9:30, that should put us north of Columbus about 11:00.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm going to be in the Donnelsville/Enon/Springfield area that weekend, not sure if I am going to Kings Island on Saturday, if not, the g/f and I would like to caravan (turbo :D ) with you all. Can someone PM me a phone # to call if I do in fact want to meet up with you all on Saturday?

Also, if any of you happen to see a Shelby Lancer driving down (or up) I-75 with South Carolina plates, it's most likely me.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Greg- I talked to Jay this morning and he mentioned yhis thread. I was thinking about meeting you guys at the rest area just south of the route 36/37 exit off I71. You guys could jump off at the Route 36/37 exit if you wanted to gas up or get food. But the rest area is easy off and easy on for all of us. As it stands now, Adam89shlbydayt will be riding with me. I figured that moring I will be "2-waying" Jay as to your location. Man ... this is going to be fun. For the South side I suggested Stringtown road. It has a lot of construction on it now. I was there yesterday. Maybe someone has a better idea.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.