Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My carb'd build. It's been a long time getting done, but worth it.
2.5 TBI head.
Magnacore wires.
NGK iridium plugs.
Weber carb.
Hooker header.
Nippendenso alt.
Saginaw type 2 pump.
One piece valve cover gasket.
New cam seals.
Timing belt.
Oil cooler (not in yet) to keep oil pressure cooler & higher.
Motor mounts,(rubber)
Struts.
Omni 5 lug hubs.
Poly bushings in suspension.
Poly bushings rear sway bar.
SLH3 brakes.
Neon rims.
A555 transmission.
Ilikeshelbies shift rods and adapter.
Turbos Unleashed level one clutch & flywheel to match.
Omni auto 88 axles.
Tach and gauges.
Neon seats.
Mobil 1000 5w30 in the transmission.
Rotella 15w40 in the engine.

It is a totally different car now. Tight in corners, fast off the line, and able to pass. I find it just at the point it has power at 55mph, and in third at 30mph too. I can take the 90 degree turns marked 30 at 60 easy.
I expect when I finally get rear shocks, itll be even better.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got a video of this baby running? I've been looking into getting a set of headers for one of my TBI motors that I'm converting to MPFI.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Man, you've come a long way in a short time with your Scamp. That's great it handles so well! Now its not just the stickers that give you power 🙃. You must have gone through a lot of hoops to get that alt in. Pray tell, how were you able to locate the alt, mounting bracket and wiring harness? It's on my list of upgrades, just have more important issues to deal with at the present.

·
Registered
261 Posts
@WarlockSyno

TBI to MPFI - is there a forum thread for that here? If not care to enlighten us on it if you haven't done so already?

Steven
I haven't done it myself, but I know how. There's a thread that someone made here:
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f279/812346-92-spirit-tbi-mpfi-conversion.html

You basically just need to use all of the turbo car stuff except the exhaust manifold. It should run fine like that since the computer accounts for boost dynamically. Basically to the computer it would just look like some intercooler piping blew off.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
looks like a nice build !

I would suggest (if you havent') upgrading to the 87+ TBI roller cam, PT lifters, and conical (3.3) springs..
cheap mods... junkyard parts are fine..
this will add some Hp especially at the upper RPMs & quiet down the valvetrain too

the later '1-piece' gasket valve cover is a nice piece too..
makes popping the VC on & off WAY easier,
and the O-ring gasket is reusable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@WarlockSyno

Hah! I suspected this for years. I would imagine that you would need to keep the stock TBI engine (meaning not using the Turbo pistons) though to avoid compression loss correct?

Steven

·
Registered
261 Posts
@Rampaging84

Yep. I have all the parts to do it right now, just haven't done it yet. I plan on doing 3.3 springs, PT lifters, TII injectors, T1 ECU, and a TBI header. If it doesn't run well, I'll just get a tune for it. I imagine the injectors might be too much for it.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
@corelokt dude, your PM box is full. I have an interior passenger side A pillar trim in maroon if you're interested. Just pay the shipping. Bought a pair 'cause I only needed the drivers side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts