Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect I am not alone in getting info from Carlisle this week. Most of you that have attended in the past probably got a notice in the mail also. Again this year SDAC has entered the club challenge, where we get a nice 20'x20' tent for free if we get a minimum of 25 member's cars on the show field. Also if we have enough members attend then we are in the running for a cash prize.

They award the clubs that have the top 9 attendance there with money, and the most improved club can knock down a few hundred. To be counted as part of our group, you do not have to have an SD or TD on the show field, it can be any car or truck. On your entry form, in the club participation field (at the bottom of the form), you must put Shelby Dodge Auto Club to be counted. Putting SDAC in there will NOT work, the name must be spelled out.

Since we have barely scraped by with just over the minimum in the awards and free tent the past couple years, it would be nice to see us show a big improvement and nail some of that big money (win $400 instead of $100, that is big money to us!!)

See you there!!

Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
From what members of the Steel City chapter have been telling me, there are many of them interested in attending the Carlisle event. Hopefully we can be of some help in getting that tent and the cash prize for the national unit. Last year do you have any idea what the total number of Shelby Dodge Auto Club participants were? Because it seemed like an awful lot of TD support there!

Also, when would it be best to pre-register for Carlisle. They did send me the info, but last year I paid through money order, whereas on the site you can only pay through credit card online I believe?>

Thanks, hope to see a bunch of you there! It's a good time!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last year do you have any idea what the total number of Shelby Dodge Auto Club participants were? Because it seemed like an awful lot of TD support there!
The minimum # of cars to pay for the tent is based on SDAC members that register a car on the fun field before Saturday at 2pm.

I supply them with a club roster with members' names only on it (per their rules). I think 25 was the requirement to get the tent free last year also and I think we had 27. Whatever the minimum was, we had two over it.

That same number of members is also used for the Club Challenge. We forgot to ask what place we came in at last year, but we won $109 IIRC (about 6th or 7th place). We rent tables and chairs for the tent ($15 a table, $2 per chair for the weekend), so we still came out ahead on the expense for what we paid Carlisle.

In 2001 & 2002 we had turnouts in the 30's (close to 40 one year) and both years we placed 2nd or 3rd, winning a couple hundred bucks. For the last couple years we've had just over the minimum amount of folks in the Challenge, so if we can really get the people out this year, we are ripe for the "most improved" award.

Also, when would it be best to pre-register for Carlisle. They did send me the info, but last year I paid through money order, whereas on the site you can only pay through credit card online I believe?
Since we pay for the tables and chairs also, I just wrote them a check for the full amount and mailed it all in together. I've never paid them online or even looked to see what they take.

Barry

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stop at the registration building at near Gate 3. Register your car for the show, and pays your money. If your car has Shelby in the name, such as Shelby Z, be sure to put that on the form and point out to them it belongs in the Shelby class (Turbo Z's will be classed with the other Daytona's though).

On the form there will be a spot asking club affiliation, write Shelby Dodge Auto Club there. It must be spelled out, cannot use the abbreviation SDAC.

Put your windshield decal on your car, you cannot enter the show field area without it. There will be a letter & number designation on it, like K-16 for example (might be 2 letters, not sure). That is the parking area your car class is assigned to. If you get there at a busy time, there will be Carlisle folks directing traffic. They will read your windshield decal and direct you to the general area you need to go. Other wise look for cars like yours. The SDAC tent will be set up near the Shelby class. Hopefully they grouped all the FWD's near each other.

Barry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.