Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
What a sad day for the automobile and racing industry on a whole. I own 4 of his cars and was just saying...I need to pick up a few more before he passes.

Rest in peace Mr. Shelby. Thank you for all the years.....

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
He will be greatly missed. But it pisses me off people talk about him when it comes to Ford. as if he never touched a mopar!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
A sad day indeed, but you can certainly say the man had a full and productive life.

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
Looks like all the numbered Shelby Dodges mite be worth at least another $20 ;)
More like the revisionists can finally write us out of the history books and fully ban us from the shows.
Anyways.. RIP Carroll, thanks for the great cars.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
A very sad day indeed.
I met him at the SDAC convention in Michigan many years back.
Got to shake his hand and get my sun visor autographed.
The crowd mobbed him and he looked stunned but happy at all the love and attention.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I get home today and this is what I hear. What a sad day. Thanks for the great cars and the wonderful memories I've had with them. I don't give a damn if they're recognized or not I had a blast with them. R.I.P. buddy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sad irony that today is my first day here as a new member. But it just goes to show that Shelby's legacy will live on through his admiring fans. He leaves the motoring world a lot more bad-ass than when he came into it. Perhaps I'll do a burn out in his honor!

·
Registered
491 Posts
He isnt talked about much in dodges because he was with ford before us really. He was a guy who took production cars and generally made them fear able machines. Media has to do with it too. When most people hear shelby the first thing that comes to mind is Eleanor

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there any one else that could have had the know how to take a car like a Dodge Omni and turn it into a V8 eater? I say that took some balls!!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts