Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the geometry the same between cast control arms of the same type car? I have a 94 Sundance with high miles. I bought a couple control arms (Also cast) from a 91 Shadow. This car had super low miles so since I was going to install new ball joints, I thought I'd get these with half the miles so the rubber would be better. Then I could install the joints on the new arms in a vice or something. Well, as I was taking mine off, I noticed one difference. Mine has the sway bar bolts treaded right in to my control arms. The 91 Shadow ares have "nut's and bolts" I assume the rest is the same, but would like to know for sure. Any one run in to this? I'm sure they did it to save time down the line putting the cars together. I can deal with having the "nut's and bolts" since this will be a once in a lifetime swap. Not like I change sway bar bushings everyday.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replace all my bushings with polyurethane bushings
Good for you!:thumb: This is my winter beater and I asked something different. If this was one of my GLHS's, or my TII GTC, I'd probably think about that. Although I wasn't that impressed with the front and rear poly kits I bought for my old 86 Shelby Charger.
But again, It's my winter beater. The reason I bought the control arms was I had an $18 credit and there was an 82,000 mile car there. The arms were $19 and I figured I could change the ball joints easier that way and also have rubber with less than half the miles. I don't (yet) have the ball joint tools for pressing them in. I know the poly bushings are easy to install, but I wanted regular rubber on this car and that can really be a bi tch. I had the arms off the salvage yard car in a matter of minutes. Too bad the Sundance is fighting me.:bang head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts